View Mobile Site

Most popular today

  • Bookmark and Share

Play some games on the Courier
Search for valuable coupons and print them out

Courier Friends to Follow

House fire ruled an accident

POSTED: December 30, 2008 5:00 a.m.
/

Deputy Robert Parker lost his home and vehicle in a recent Long County fire. The blaze was ruled accidental.

View Larger
The home of a Long County Sheriff’s Department deputy that recently burned down was determined to have been an accident.
According to Ludowici/Long County Fire Chief Darrell Ballance, Robert Parker’s home on Railroad Street in Ludowici appears to have been caused by old electrical lines in the floor.  
Ballance said that after the fire had been extinguished, the state fire marshal’s office was contacted to assist in determining its cause.
“From what I was told, the fire appeared to start under the floor, where a big-screen TV had been sitting, and burned through the floor,” Balance said.
“It looks like it was just old wiring in the house. …”
The fire was called in at about 1 a.m. on Dec. 1, and according to the first firefighter on the scene, Lt. Steve Manning, around 75 percent of the home was already burning when he arrived. The fire department was able to extinguish the blaze, but  most of the home was destroyed. Also lost in the fire was Parker’s 2003 Cadillac Escalade.
 

What others say about this article

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 

Featured Video


Please wait ...