View Mobile Site
  • Bookmark and Share

Long County fugitive caught in N.C.

Suspect will return to area to face child molestation charges

POSTED: February 24, 2012 9:19 a.m.
Photo provided/

Alfonzo Vasquez-Perez

View Larger

A Long County man who had been on the run for more than a year recently was apprehended by authorities in North Carolina.

According to Long County Sheriff’s Office Detective Lt. Tom Sollosi, Alfonzo Vasquez-Perez, 42, was arrested Feb. 16 in Charlotte by the U.S. Marshals Service.

Sollosi said a Marshals Service task force had been looking for the man for 14 months. Before his disappearance, Perez lived in Long County’s Sand Hill community. Sollosi said Perez was wanted on charges of child molestation. According to the investigator, Perez fled the area on New Year’s Eve 2010 and had not been seen until his arrest.

“The Long County Sheriff’s Office wishes to acknowledge the valuable assistance and the great contribution of work by the United States Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force,” Sollosi said. “The marshals’ task force has been searching for the offender for one year and two months. Without the diligence and dedication of these federal officers, the (suspect) may have never been brought to justice.”

According to Sollosi, Perez currently is in the custody of the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office, awaiting extradition orders to Long County.

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.


Please wait ...