View Mobile Site

Boxes on stove to blame for Fleming Road house fire

  • Bookmark and Share

Play some games on the Courier
Search for valuable coupons and print them out
POSTED: December 8, 2012 7:00 a.m.

Moving boxes left on a stove are to blame for a fire that damaged a Hinesville residence Tuesday.

Hinesville Fire Department Capt. Kris Johanson said the blaze at a home in the 700 block of Fleming Road was reported shortly after 9:30 a.m.

A family who has not been identified was in the process of moving into the residence and their belongings had been delivered the day before. When the belongings were delivered, the power had not yet been turned on at the home. On the morning of the fire, the electric company turned on the power and boxes sitting on the stove caught fire because the stove knobs had been turned to the “on” position, causing the coils to heat up.

The fire heavily damaged the kitchen and living room area, causing an estimated $30,000 worth of damage. Smoke and heat damaged the rest of the residence.

It took firefighters 20 minutes to bring the blaze under control.

Johanson said the family was not home at the time of the fire.

 

What others say about this article

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

Most Popular

 

Please wait ...