View Mobile Site

Fire destroys Hinesville home

Most popular today

  • Bookmark and Share

Play some games on the Courier
Search for valuable coupons and print them out

Courier Friends to Follow

POSTED: January 25, 2013 3:58 p.m.
Lewis Levine/

An early morning fire Friday destroyed this Hinesville home in the 500 block of Elm Street.

View Larger

An early morning fire Friday destroyed a Hinesville home in the 500 block of Elm Street.

Hinesville Fire Department Public Information Officer Kris Johanson said the fire began shortly before 5 a.m., and two people were in the residence — a 15-year-old girl and her uncle. The teen escaped through a bedroom window. The man was overcome by smoke and had to be pulled from the home by firefighters. He was taken to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, where he is expected to recover.

The family dog was trapped in his kennel in the kitchen as the roof collapsed and fire raged around him. The dog, named Mac Man, was found alive several house later after the fire was under control and firefighters were searching the home for hot spots. The dog was singed and had inhaled smoke, but was treated by veterinarian Dr. David Beatie and later released.

 For more on this story, see Sunday's Courier.

 

What others say about this article

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 

Featured Video


Please wait ...