View Mobile Site

Most popular today

  • Bookmark and Share

Play some games on the Courier
Search for valuable coupons and print them out

Courier Friends to Follow

Family loses mobile home to fire

POSTED: February 10, 2014 9:40 a.m.
Lewis Levine/

Firefighters responded Sunday morning to a mobile-home fire in Hinesville.

View Larger

A family of four was burned out of their mobile home Sunday morning in Liberty County.

Resident Dwaine Pasley said he got up for a drink of water and smelled smoke. He went to investigate and found a window engulfed in flames in one of the home's rooms.  He woke up the remaining family members and they all exited the home without injury.

Firefighters from Liberty County station in Gum Branch and units from Hinesville and Walthourville Volunteer Fire And Rescue responded to the blaze.

Liberty County Fire Lt. Stephen Licwinko said that when his unit arrived, the mobile home was fully engulfed in flames. Licwinko said it was a tough fire to fight due to the age of the structure.

 

What others say about this article

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 

Featured Video


Please wait ...