View Mobile Site

Midway trailer fire displaces woman, 3 kids

Most popular today

  • Bookmark and Share

Play some games on the Courier
Search for valuable coupons and print them out

Courier Friends to Follow

POSTED: May 20, 2014 11:46 a.m.
Lewis Levine/

Midway Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department firefighters work to extinguish a blaze Monday night on Slade Road.

View Larger

A mobile-home fire Monday night in Midway displaced a woman and three children.

Midway Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department Deputy Chief Joe Feinhals said the fire began shortly after 9 p.m. in the kitchen at 66 Slade Road.

The resident, Tara Spencer, called 911 and safely exited the residence with a 14-year-old family member and her two grandchildren.

When firefighters from Riceboro and Lake George arrived, the blaze still was contained to the kitchen. It took roughly 10-15 minutes to extinguish and never crept past the kitchen, although the living room and other areas of the home were damaged by smoke. Feinhals said the kitchen sustained extensive damage.

The Red Cross is assisting the family, who is in need of a home.

Feinhals said it likely was an electrical fire. The mobile home is estimated to be more than 30 years old.  

 

What others say about this article

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 

Featured Video


Please wait ...