WASHINGTON - The Army is reassigning up to 600 active reserve and active duty troops to Fort Hood in Texas this summer and next year.
On Friday, nearly 65 Fort Stewart soldiers received a special visit from their commanding officer, Maj. Gen. Tony Cucolo.
They are known as the life-support for Army brigades, flowing from makeshift base to makeshift base like blood through arteries.
WASHINGTON - The military is racing to inspect more than 90,000 U.S.-run facilities across Iraq to reduce a deadly threat troops face far off the battlefield: electrocution or shock while showering or using appliances.
About one-third of the inspections so far have turned up major electrical problems, according to interviews and an internal military document obtained by The Associated Press. Half of the problems they found have since been fixed but about 65,000 facilities still need to be inspected, which could take the rest of this year. Senior Pentagon officials were on Capitol Hill this week for ...
The Army's process of determining whether soldiers are physically fit to fight could be the reason more than 45,000 unhealthy U.S. soldiers have been sent to war, despite doctor recommendations.
The seats were filled at Fort Stewart's Woodruff Theater Wednesday night as soldiers and their families attended a special, invitation-only screening of the Samuel Goldwyn film "Brothers at War."
Col. Thomas James sat at a table in Club Stewart's rocket room Wednesday morning after attending another battalion change-of-command reception, signifying more of the formal modifications taking place as the 4th Brigade Combat Team transitions from a heavy to a light brigade.
WASHINGTON - The Army this summer will start cutting back on use of the unpopular practice of holding troops beyond their enlistment dates and hopes to almost completely eliminate it in two years.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said, though, that it may never be possible to completely get rid of the policy called "stop-loss," under which some 13,000 soldiers whose time is already up are still being forced to continue serving.
Pensacola, Fla., police have charged a Fort Stewart soldier with the sexual assault of a 17-year-old female sailor.
Army Maj. Lee Peters, a deputy public affairs officer, said 20-year-old Jeremy Boze was arrested Sunday.
The Department of Defense announced today a comprehensive plan to eliminate the current use of Stop Loss, while retaining the authority for future use under extraordinary circumstances. This is an important step along the path in adapting the Army into an expeditionary force.
The Army Reserve and Army National Guard will mobilize units without employing Stop Loss beginning in August and September 2009, respectively. The Regular (active duty) Army will deploy its first unit without Stop Loss by January 2010.
The mission continues: on to the next operation
It's 3 a.m. on Monday and Fort Stewart's 1st Heavy Brigade Combat team has just been alerted that several chemical and radiological attacks were launched near Orlando, Fla.
With a trumpet signaling every change in its ranks, the 4th Battalion, 64th Armored Regiment of the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, officially became the 3rd Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment on Monday.
TOW-to-TOW they line up in the sand.
FORT STEWART - The 92nd Chemical Company, Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, is returning to Fort Stewart from Kuwait. The unit's Welcome Home ceremony is to take place Friday on Cottrell Field.
The ceremony was to be Friday morning.
There will be more than normal fixed wing and rotary aircraft flights in the area beginning for the next two weeks.
Page 1 of 1