The Liberty County Chamber of Commerce will be allowing car and motorcycle clubs to participate in this year’s annual Christmas parade
However, there are strict guidelines that must be followed. These guidelines have been instituted for the safety of the public and of the motorists participating in the parade.
• Motorcycle/car clubs must provide proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license for each parade participant driving by the final parade entry deadline of Nov. 29. No late entries or incomplete packets will be accepted, and refunds will not be given.
• A motorcycle/car “group” consists of five vehicles; anything over five is considered to be an additional unit and must be registered as such with the requisite fees. Any non-registered vehicles attempting to enter the parade grounds that cause traffic standstills will make that club ineligible for entry the following year.
• Any motorcycle/car club that does not decorate for the holiday will not be allowed entry.
• Any motorcycle/car club that is caught playing inappropriate non-holiday music and/or graphic videos will be immediately asked to leave and will not be allowed back into the parade.
• Each motorcycle/car group must have at least two “monitors” who will be responsible for walking alongside the vehicles to ensure safety and alert the drivers of any potential problems. Monitors are required to attend the parade-safety meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, in the courtroom inside the Hinesville Police Department on M.L. King Jr. Drive.
The 18th annual parade is at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5 in downtown Hinesville. For more information, go to libertycounty.org.