CHARLESTON, S.C. — Headliners have been announced for the inaugural St. Simons Food & Spirits Festival, which will be held Sept. 21-23 on St. Simons Island.
This festival will be headlined by award-winning television personality James Beard, cookbook author Nathalie Dupree and Dupree’s co-author, Cynthia Graubart. The event will benefit Hospice of the Golden Isles.
Other culinary luminaries scheduled to participate include Ford Fry, Atlanta chef and restaurateur; Libbie Summers, lifestyle expert and blogger at Salted and Styled and author of “The Whole Hog Cookbook”; and Saint Simons beekeeper Ted Dennard, founder of Savannah Bee Company.
Event highlights include:
• First Bite kick-off reception Thursday, Sept. 20, in the courtyard of Halyards Restaurant.
• Friday Night Festival Feast. Fry and executive chef Jonathan Jerusalmy will present a five-course dinner featuring local foods, specialty cocktails and fine wines.
• Saturday festivities at Gascoigne Bluff include The Market, which features a farm stand, retailers and a juried arts-and-crafts show, free to the public.
• Southern Specialties Cooking Class, led by Dupree and Graubart in the Harbour Room at Coastal Kitchen.
• Local Flavors Tasting Tent featuring 25 local chefs and restaurants, craft beers, artisan spirits and fine wines.
• VIP Riverside Sporting Club will televise SEC football; guests will have food from Frederica, Little St. Simons and Sea Island as well as libations from the mixologists at the FIn this venue, festival goers will have the opportunity to interact one-on-one with festival talent.