Here are some places to turn when you need help and support with health related issues:
Alcohol & drug addiction
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. every Sunday at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church at the corner of Bradwell and Gen. Stewart.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 11:30 a.m. Saturdays at Friendship Baptist Church in Midway.
• Alcoholics Anonymous has brown bag meetings Monday-Friday, from noon-1 p.m. in the Fraser Annex behind the Red Cross building. Call 570-9898.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. every Thursday at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church in Hinesville.
• Rise and Shine Al-Anon family group meets every Sunday at 10 a.m. at The Corner Diner in Gum Branch. Call 368-2110.
• Freedom Group of Hinesville, part of Narcotics Anonymous for recovering addicts, meetings are on Sundays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Fraser Center in the rear of the building at 218 Fraser Drive in Hinesville. Call Willie Jones at 884-3487 or (912) 323-3452.
• Narconon of Georgia offers outpatient referrals, assessments, drug education and rehabilitation for drug and alcohol addiction. Call Narconon of Georgia at (877) 413-3073.
• Freedom Group of Hinesville, part of Narcotics Anonymous for recovering addicts, meetings are on Fridays at the Liberty Regional Medical Center from 8-9 p.m. Call Willie Jones at 884-3487 or (912) 323-3452.
• Stop smoking classes are offered at Liberty Regional Medical Center every Thursday at 8 a.m. They cost $10. Call 369-9416.
• Domestic violence awareness classes for women meets at 4-5:30 p.m. and for men from 6-7:30 at Fraser Counseling Center every Wednesday. Call 369-7777. An orientation is required to start.
• Protective order help is offered by Tri-County Protective Agency on Wednesdays, 8-noon at the Chief Magistrate Office. Call 368-9200 for an appointment.
• Postpartum depression support group meets at the Fraser Counseling Center at 6 p.m. each Thursday. Sessions are free and led by a counselor. Call the center at 369-7777 or the Liberty County Health Department at 876-2773, ext. 236.
• The Rape Crisis Center offers free counseling on Wednesdays at its Liberty County satellite office. The center of also has a counselor available at the satellite office Thursdays. Call 369-3335.
• A nurturing program about raising children and parenthood is offered from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Fort Stewart. Babysitting is provided. Call Army Community Services at 767-5058.
• Free infant massage classes by a certified infant massage therapist are offered from 11 to noon each Wednesday on Fort Stewart. The classes are at Army Community Services. Call 767-5058.
• Atlantic Area CASA recruits adults interested in providing a voice for children who have been abused or neglected. Training is held four times per year. Applications are accepted every Thursday. Call Maria Goodwine or Irene McCall at 876-3816 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A divorce support club meets at 7 p.m. every Friday at 534 Marsh View Dr. in Midway. The meeting is open to anyone who is divorced or will soon be divorced. Call Robert Kincaid at 884-4519 or email email@example.com