The Nancy N. and J.C. Lewis Cancer & Research Pavilion will host a free six-week workshop designed to help cancer survivors make the transition from active treatment to post-treatment care.
Sessions are 9:30 a.m.-noon each Thursday from Aug. 29-Oct. 3 at 225 Candler Drive in Savannah.
This workshop will feature health-care professionals, nutritionists and fitness experts as speakers discussing exercise, training in relaxation and stress management, nutritious eating and cancer survivorship post-cancer treatment. The course covers the following topics:
• Session 1: Get Back to Wellness: Take control of your Survivorship
• Session 2: Exercise for Wellness: Customized Exercise
• Session 3: Emotional Health and Well Being: From Patient to Survivor
• Session 4: Nutrition Beyond Cancer
• Session 5: Medical Management Beyond Cancer: What You Need to Know
• Session 6: Life Beyond Cancer
Refreshments will be provided. To register, call 912-819-6404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.