Girls from across the area came out last weekend to compete in the 2014 Miss Ludowici Pageant at the Long County Senior Citizen Center.
Catherine Strickland took home the event’s top prize as Miss Ludowici and also won the prettiest-dress award in the senior division. Ashley Middleton was the first runner-up, Karena Espey was second runner-up, Misti Rewis was the third runner-up, and Caitlyn Anderson was fourth runner-up. Middleton also was selected as the people’s choice queen and won the best casual-wear award for the senior division.
In the junior division, Ramsi Whatley was crowned junior miss queen, won the best casual-wear award in her division and was named Miss Congeniality for the entire pageant. Ashyln Hughes was first runner-up and also won the prettiest dress award in the junior division.
In the younger divisions:
• Chezney Cassell won the pre-teen title and the prettiest-dress award
• Tylee Miles won the petite-miss title and the prettiest-dress award
• Josslyn Jones won the tiny-miss title and the prettiest-dress award
• Lilly Faircloth won the toddler-miss title and the awards for prettiest dress and prettiest smile
• Trinity Driggers won the baby-miss title and awards for prettiest dress, prettiest smile and most sponsored.
All proceeds from the event go toward scholarships for area graduating seniors. KIDZ-Etc. put on the pageant.