The Hinesville Area Arts Council will have its 13th annual Blues, Brews & BBQ from 1 to 11:30 p.m. Sept. 24 in downtown Hinesville.
The event will have a BBQ contest, BBQ sales, other food vendors, sidewalk chalk art and activities for children, a beer garden and lots of music.
Did you know:
• Strollers, blankets and chairs are allowed.
• Outside coolers are not allowed.
• Outside food and beverages are not allowed.
• Most vendors take cash only.
• Some tents will provide a few shaded areas, and it will likely still be warm.
• There is free parking throughout downtown.
• The festival is behind shops on Main Street, in a parking lot behind the Coastal Courier, New & Not and other businesses. Just off of MLK Jr Drive.
• BBQ sales do not begin until 5, after a judged competition. Music begins at 1.
• People’s Choice contest, your chance to have a vote in the winner, begins at 4.
• The festival is free, but not the People’s Choice competition. Some children’s activities also charge.
• Photo ID’s are necessary as proof of age to buy beer.
• If you don’t like BBQ, consider eating prior to the event. There are limited other vendors.
• A yoga session will run 1:30-2:30 p.m., led by Jackie Reed. The first 15 people to sign up will have mats at no cost. If you complete the hour of yoga and have valid photo ID that says you are 21, those 15 people get a free beer for the evening.
• Wooden nickels can be purchased for $5 each and allow event-goers to sample BBQ from contestants. The nickels will then be used to cast a vote for categories of best pork, chicken and ribs.
This year’s sponsors include the Liberty County Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Hinesville Downtown Development Authority, Veterans United Home Loans and Fort Stewart MWR.
For more information, go to www.hinesvillearts.com or find the council on Facebook as Hinesville Area Arts Council.