The AARP Foundation is providing free tax preparation through April 16 at the Midway-Riceboro Library, 9397 E. Oglethorpe Highway, Midway.
Help is available every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for residents of Bryan, Liberty, Long and McIntosh counties.
People seeking tax help are asked to bring:
• Copy of last year’s income tax return;
• W-2 forms from each employer;
• Unemployment compensation statements;
• SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits;
• All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets, or other income;
• Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number);
• All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions;
• Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents.
For more information, go to www.aarp.org/taxaide or call 1-888-AARPNOW (1-888-227- 7669) through
Priority service will be provided to taxpayers based on the Tax Counseling for the Elderly Program’s legislative intent.