With winter here, Georgia Power is reminding customers that small changes around the house now can keep you comfortable while delivering big energy savings this winter.
Energy efficiency tips from Georgia Power include:
1. Let the Sun Shine In – Keeping the blinds and shades open during the day is a no-cost way to naturally heat your home. Close them at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
2. Let it Flow – Heating and cooling accounts for as much as 50 percent of a home’s typical winter energy usage. Maximize the efficiency of your units ahead of cold weather by changing the filters once a month, or every three months for pleated filters.
3. Thinking Thermostats – Install a smart programmable thermostat that automatically adjusts the home’s temperature settings when you are away from the house and save up to $100 a year in energy costs.
4. Caulk & Strip – Replace cracked or peeling caulk or weather stripping around doors and windows to save up to 10 percent on energy use
5. It’s Great to Insulate – Keep heat where it belongs with proper insulation in attics and walls to help save energy 24/7.
Georgia Power offers a full suite of energy efficient options for your home on our Marketplace. You’ll find easy access to products to help make your home more energy efficient and connected.
The company brings together popular products, including the latest in smart thermostats, LEDs and devices such as smart speakers, smoke alarms, advanced power strips, water-saving devices and air purifiers to a single convenient online portal on www.GeorgiaPowerMarketplace.com.