By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fast food eatery reopens after leak repair
Gas leak
Ivey Sarvis Jr., Roland Evans, and Donald Couch with the Hinesville Fire Department remain on site at Arby's after a natural gas leak caused the building to be evacuated this morning.
Emergency officials responded to a natural gas leak at the Arby’s restaurant on General Screven Way at 9:15 Friday morning, forcing all employees to evacuate and closing the building for the morning.
By 9:30 a.m., Mike Hodges with the Hinesville EMA left the scene and said the situation was under control.
“It’s all doing well,” he said. “There are no problems.”
A Hinesville fire engine company, however, stayed on location to monitor the building until the leak was repaired.
Renee Mclendon, manager of the store, said the natural gas company is responsible for fixing leaks in the lines up to the meter, but everything beyond the meter is Arby’s responsibility.
The company discovered and repaired a slow leak at the bottom of the restaurant’s gas stove.
“They filled it,” Mclendon said. “We reopened at about 1 p.m.”
Sign up for our e-newsletters