By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Hinesville Dollar Tree closed due to fire
Dollar Tree fire
fire at dollar tree
A fire in the restroom at the Dollar Tree has closed the popular store until repairs are made. 

According to Hinesville Fire Department Captain Chris Moss, the fire was discovered around 3:45 p.m. Saturday in the female restroom of the business. When firefighters arrived at the business located on 229 W General Screven Way, the Dollar Tree manager stated the fire in the women's restroom had been quickly extinguished. 

Moss said upon further investigation it was discovered the fire was still burning between the drop ceiling and the roof. According to Moss, businesses on both sides of the Dollar Tree were immediately evacuated until the fire was extinguished. The fire was quickly extinguished and deemed safe for employees to re-enter to close the store for repairs.

Sign up for our e-newsletters