The Liberty County Board of Education approved the system’s fiscal year 2020 budget during a regular meeting July 11. The board previously held two budget hearings as required by law. The first was held on May 28 at 8 a.m., and the second was held June 11 at 4:30 p.m., prior to the regular meeting that began at 5:30 p.m.
The board adopted the budget, sealing the school’s estimated budget costs and revenue for the 2019-2020 school year. The estimated total revenue for the school year is $118,349,000; the money coming from local taxes and state and federal funds.
The total available general fund is $137,349,000. A breakdown of several estimated expenditures include:
· instructional staff training $1,463,000
· school nutrition services $7,075,000
· school administration $7,017,000
· educational media $1,996,000
· maintenance and operations $8,255,000
· student transportation $6,455,000
The FY20 budget can be found on the Liberty County Board of Education’s website at www.liberty.k12,ga.us.