Hinesville City Council dealt with some zoning issues and approved refurbishing two garbage trucks as part of its first meeting of the month Thursday.
Some of the meeting business included:
- Approving an amendment to Hinesville’s subdivision ordinance that would allow for subdivisions of commercial properties off of private drives
- A quarterly update from the Liberty County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Approving a setback variance request for the grandfathered sign at the Clyde’s Market on E.G. Miles Parkway near Veterans Parkway
- Approving a $189,636 bid to refurbish two garbage trucks
- Approving a resolution to encourage the Department of Community Affairs to request funds from the Treasury Department for the Hardest Hit Fund Blight Elimination Program.
- Receiving a public comment on accidents and safety on Highway 84
For more details, check back with coastalcourier.com and read the print edition next week.