The ice storm warning that had been in effect in our area has been cancelled. But the winter storm warning is still in effect until 5 p.m. Wednesday.
While it sounds better, the weather is still going to get dicey throughout the area.
Here's the advisory:
Here is the complete advisory:
Winter storm warning remains in effect until 5 p.m. Wednesday.
* impacts: Significant accumulations of freezing rain... snow and sleet will create dangerous or impossible driving conditions for everyone including first responders. Damage to trees and power lines is likely... and widespread power outages are possible.
* Locations: Southeast Georgia.
* Accumulations: Snow accumulation of up to 1 inch... along with a tenth to a quarter inch of ice accretion.
* Timing: Rain changing to freezing rain or sleet early this evening... transitioning to snow and sleet later tonight. Precipitation ending around daybreak Wednesday.
* Temperatures: Falling into the lower 30s this evening, then the upper 20s overnight.
* Wind chill readings: Around 20.
Precautionary/preparedness actions: Unless absolutely necessary, do not attempt to drive. If you must drive, bring warm clothes and a winter weather survival kit. If you must venture outside, dress warmly. Exercise caution when walking on sidewalks, driveways and parking lots. Many injuries occur due to slips and falls on snow and ice.