WTOC reporter Dal Cannady is in the midst of his fifth annual Heroes Walk for the American Red Cross, in which he walks across southeast Georgia and accepts donations from businesses, municipalities and residents.
He started Thursday at Optim Medical Center-Tattnall in Reidsville and ended that day waiting tables at the Rusty Pig in Glennville.
On Monday, he’ll start in Walthourville and walk to Hinesville, through downtown and on to Midway.
A fundraiser takes place Monday evening at The Pour House, 135 W. Hendry St., Hinesville. It takes place from 5-9 p.m. Different businesses will be represented with officials from those businesses serving as “celebrity” bartenders.
Here is a schedule of businesses staffing the bar:
• 5-5:30 p.m. Osteen Law Group
• 5:30-6 p.m. Coastal Courier
• 6-6:45 p.m. Liberty County Chamber of Commerce and Convention and Visitors Bureau
• 6:45-7:30 p.m. South Georgia Bank
• 7:30-8:15 p.m. Ameris Bank
• 8:15-9 p.m. Hinesville Area Board of Realtors
Cannady will wrap up his walk Tuesday, when he walks from the Bulloch-Evans county line to Statesboro.
Those who cannot attend the fundraiser Monday may donate here.