By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Long County fire displaces family of seven
Long Fire 0915
A family of seven has been displaced due to a house fire Sunday afternoon in Long County.

According to Long County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Operations Capt. Nicolas Maxwell the fire started out as a grease fire at the home located on the 200 block of Griffin Road. 

Maxwell said when firefighters arrived the home was 40 percent engulfed in flames.  Walthourville Volunteer Fire and Rescue was called in for mutual aid and immediately entered the residence to attack the fire.  The firefighters had to be pulled out due to the intense heat and smoke inside the mobile home.  The fire had spread quickly into the wall of the kitchen and into the attic area. The firefighters were forced to fight the fire from outside the residence.

Units from Hinesville were eventually called to assist in the fire as well as Liberty County Station 15.

There were no reported injuries.  The family was able to exit the home safely.

The family provided the reporter with clothing information if anyone wants to make a donation

Shannon and Shaquana Fleming 
Male-10yrs pants 30/32, shirt 18/20, Shoe 9
Male 9yrs pants, 18 husky, shirt 18/20, shoe 71/2
Male 6yrs pants7 shirt 7, shoe 13youth
Male 5yrs pants 6, shirt 6, shoe 12 youth
Female 1yrs pants 3t, shirts 3t, shoe 6 youth

 Female 50yrs pants 14/16 ,shirts 1x, shoe 10
Female 31yrs pants 14/16, shirt 2x, shoe 10

VIDEO: Long County fire displaces family

By: Lewis Levine

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Sign up for our e-newsletters