By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Long County mobile home fire damaged part of residence
Firefighters think the blaze began in a bedroom
Placeholder Image
According to Ludowici/Long County Fire Department Chief Darrell Ballance, at around 3 p.m. Saturday, a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the mobile home adjacent to his home, 467 Meadows Road.
Ballance said engine one, engine four, and tanker one responded to the call. Ballance arrived at the scene in engine one at about 3:20 p.m. and found heavy flames and smoke coming from a bedroom.
No one was home, so firefighters extinguished the blaze, pulled a mattress from the bedroom and checked to make sure there were no hot spots remaining in the room.
Ballance said the fire appeared to have started in the area of an electrical recepticle, but it still was under investigation. A mother and her daughter reportedly live at the residence. but when he left, they still were unaware of the incident.  
The call was cleared at around 4 p.m.
As of Monday, the name of the persons residing at the home still were not know.

Sign up for our e-newsletters