By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Midway family loses everything in Tuesday morning fire
Midway fire

A Midway couple and their two children have been displaced when their home was destroyed by fire Tuesday morning.

According to Midway Police Lt. Duvale Page the fire began around 5 a.m. when the family’s dryer caught on fire. When Page arrived, the single-wide mobile home, located on the 100 block of Marie Avenue, was fully engulfed in flames. Page said the family got out of the residence unharmed but lost everything they own in the fire.

The Liberty County Fire Services arrived on scene and brought the fire under control.

Page said the couple in their early 20s has two toddlers, ages 2 and 4, and are in need of clothes for the children and themselves.

Page provided the following information in reference to clothing sizes:

Sizes 2 and 4 for the children; adult male, medium shirts, 32x34 pants, socks, size 10 shoes and medium underwear and T-shirts; adult female, pants size 8, medium shirts, underwear and socks, and size 8 shoes.

Contact can be made with the following individuals in regards to their needs: Julius Scriven at 912-663-3611 or Rachel Carter at 912-323-7116.

Sign up for our e-newsletters