ATLANTA — Those who love lazy summer days and sleeping under the stars can save money with camping deals from Georgia’s state parks.
Through Aug. 28, eight parks are offering a 50 percent discount on RV, tent and trailer campsites. Campers can enjoy swimming beaches and pools, boating and fishing, watching fireflies and making s’mores by the campfire — for less than $15 per night.
Participating parks include:
• Florence Marina, Stewart County — On Lake Walter F. George and near Providence Canyon State Park, Georgia’s “Little Grand Canyon.”
• General Coffee, Coffee County — Known for its Heritage Farm with sheep, goats, a mule and other farm animals.
• Gordonia-Alatamaha, Tattnall County — 18-hole golf course and children’s splash pad.
• Kolomoki Mounds, Early County — Ancient Indian mounds and museum.
• Magnolia Springs, Jenkins County — Springs and Civil War history.
• Reed Bingham, Cook and Colquitt counties — Lakeside swimming beach.
• Stephen C. Foster, Charlton County — Western entrance to the Okefenokee Swamp.
• Seminole, Seminole County — Lakeside swimming beach.
“Many of our visitors grew up playing outside during summer, so they don’t mind warmer months. Some are just happy that the record-breaking winter is behind us,” region manager Eric Bentley said. “We know people still want to get out and have fun during July and August, so we’re making it affordable for everyone. Plus, summer afternoons are perfect for taking a nap in a hammock.”
Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-864-7275 or going to www.GeorgiaStateParks.org/reservations. Use promo code Summer50% to get the discount.