Tybee Island will host the Family Ocean Experience portion of the Savannah Ocean Exchange through Sept. 25. All events are free and open to the public.
The Savannah Ocean Exchange unites worldwide organizations across multiple disciplines and boundaries to accelerate the distribution and adoption of solutions that positively impact the ocean and coast.
“We’re delighted to host Savannah Ocean Exchange events on Tybee Island,” said Amy Gaster, chairwoman of the Tybee Island Tourism Council. “On Tybee, we feel a close connection to the water and want to do everything we can to preserve our coastal ecosystem andSchedule of events
“Oh Say Can You Sea Savannah” exhibit — Sept. 23-25
• Children’s art exhibit and create-art tables for young artists to celebrate ocean • Located at Tybee Post Theater, 10 Van Horn St.
• 5-8 p.m. Sept. 23 (Opening reception from 6-7 p.m.)
• 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 24
• 1-6 p.m. Sept. 25 (Closing reception from 5-6 p.m., featuring a live performance by the Savannah Children’s Choir.)
Savannah Ocean Exchange Family Ocean Experience — Sept. 24
• Bring the family out to Lazaretto Creek to learn about shrimpers.
• 10 a.m. at Lazaretto Creek Dock on Highway 80
Gray’s Reef Ocean Film Festival: Children’s Films — Sept. 24
• Gray’s Reef presents a special showing of short films from the archives of National Geographic oriented toward children.
• 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. at Tybee Marine Science Center, 1510 Strand St.
For more on the Savannah Ocean Exchange, go to www.savannahoceanexchange.org. For a list of events on Tybee Island, go to http://tybeevisit.com/special-events-news/full-events-list. to encourage an appreciation of the ocean.”