By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Sheriff's blotter for Jan. 27
Placeholder Image

Jan. 1 Disorderly conduct — A man said he followed his ex-girlfriend and kids because he was trying to talk her into letting him have the children for the day. The woman drove to her friend’s house, who reportedly ran out of his house yelling expletives when he saw the kid’s dad pull up behind the woman’s car and step outside the vehicle. The friend said he was defending the mother and her kids, who feared the man who followed them was about to start trouble.
Simple battery, family violence, criminal trespass — A deputy responded to a domestic dispute involving a married couple going through a separation. The woman reported she was staying at a friend’s house on John Wells Road and the husband showed up at the residence unannounced and asked her to step outside so he could beat her up. The man was asked to leave by the homeowner but instead he pulled out of the driveway, parked his car along the side of the road and turned off his lights. Within a few minutes the husband allegedly walked back on to the property and threw a rock, damaging the vinyl siding on the front of the house.

Jan. 6
Burglary — A woman reported her flat-screen TV, Xbox360 and a desktop computer were stolen from her Ashlynn Lane residence. The woman said she left home in the morning and everything was in place, but her son came home from school and called her saying there were things missing from the house. The woman thinks the thief might have entered through the back door because the locking mechanism tends to malfunction at times and does not secure properly.
Simple battery — A woman told deputies that her boyfriend pushed her down the stairs of his Dogwood Court residence in Midway. The woman said her boyfriend was calling her names and made gestures with his hands and fist in a threatening manner and yelled that he was going to burn the house down overnight. The deputy noted in his report that both parties involved were severely intoxicated. The man, according to the report, was so drunk he could not stand straight long enough to hand his identification to the officer.

Sign up for our e-newsletters