By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Two home fires in city this morning
Hinesville firefighters discuss how they will clean up and fumigate a house on Bradwell Street. It was one of two nearly simultaneous house fires called in. - photo by Phgoto by Patty Leon

A man was taken to a hospital after he was pulled out of a mobile home fire at 82 Pipkin Road Tuesday morning. It was one of two fires called in to Hinesville Fire Department about the same time.
"[He had a] little bit of smoke inhalation," said Hinesville Fire Deputy Chief Larry Urban. The victims identity has not been released.
By 11:30 a.m., the home was engulfed in flames as tearful bystanders watched a dozen firefighters work.
"We've got an engine, a service company and a Fort Stewart engine out here," Urban said.
The cause has not been announced, but Urban asked that people be mindful of space heaters, candles and other things people use to get by in cold weather.
"It is the same things every year," he said. "Keep space heaters away from things, watch your candles and have your heating systems serviced and filters cleaned."
Just minutes earlier, a home had caught fire at 211 Bradwell St., across from the board of education building. No one was reported to be in the home.
"We could smell [the burning] all the way over there," said Matthew Boyer, a BoE groundskeeper who was working near the education building.
"It's that time of year again [homes catching on fire because of the weather]," he said.

Sign up for our e-newsletters