Dr. Karen Bell
Keep Liberty Beautiful
Our last quarterly Recycle It! Fairs for 2023 are scheduled for this Saturday. These fairs are scheduled for Saturday, November 18, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at two locations: The City Hall in Walthourville and the Liberty County Community Complex in Midway. In addition to the items, we collect for recycling or safe disposal, we will also hold a Tire Round-Up, and Shred It! Day event in conjunction with the Recycle It! Fair in Midway.
Keep Liberty Beautiful, and 104 Logistic LLC wants to help Liberty County at our next Recycle It! Fair. We all know that tires are very convenient when attached to your vehicle and help you get around daily. Unfortunately, when a good tire goes bad, it may not be disposed of correctly. About 83% of tires are now recycled each year. Unfortunately, thousands still end up in local landfills or people’s yards.
Sadly, some are dumped illegally into creeks and wooded areas by individuals.
On November 18, Mr. Joseph Ealy, the owner of 104 Logistic LLC, will partner with Keep Liberty Beautiful to hold a Tire Round-up for Liberty County residents. 104 Logistic LLC provides freight management, logistics, and business solutions. Founded in Midway by a local veteran and entrepreneur, 104 Logistic LLC is a scrap tire collection site at 104 Raven Rd, Midway. You can arrange to have your tires recycled for a fee.
The shred truck from Savannah Shredding Company will be at the Midway location to shred your old documents and personal information that you no longer need. It is a safe way to protect yourself from identity theft. Now is the time to sort through your old records in preparation for this event!
What types of items should you think about shredding? The Federal Trade Commission suggests shredding these items: old sales receipts, paid credit card statements, credit offers, ATM receipts, expired warranties, canceled checks that are not tax-related, old pay stubs, bank statements, and paid undisputed medical bills.
After seven years, consider shredding tax-related receipts and canceled checks, W-2s, and records of tax deductions taken. Your efforts to shred these items can make a significant difference.
Our fair sites, which are all open between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., are:
• The County Community Complex at 9397 East Oglethorpe in Midway
• Walthourville City Hall at 222 Busbee Drive in Walthourville Here is a list of the items you can bring for recycling or disposal:
• E-waste- electronics: computers, printers, monitors, and any computer accessories; stereo equipment and televisions; cell phones and accessories. All hard drives are wiped clean for your security.
• Household paint as long as the cans are sealed well, are not rusted and are at least half full. If your cans are not in good condition, add cat litter or sand to the paint, let it completely dry up, and then dispose of the cans in your regular garbage. We can only collect paint that is in an acceptable condition to reuse, so please follow the above information.
• CFLs and fluorescent light bulbs
• Used motor oil and antifreeze as well as car batteries. At the Midway and Walthourville sites, we can accept car batteries. Still, we can only accept the oil and antifreeze in clean, disposable containers. (Remember always to recycle motor oil and antifreeze as soon as possible. Never pour these items down the drain or into a storm drain or dump them.)
• Household batteries
• Printer ink and toner cartridges
• Telephone books and large sale catalogs (if you are not going to use the telephone books recently delivered around our county, please pick them up and turn them in for recycling before they become litter next to your mailbox.)
• Hardback books, paperbacks, and textbooks
• Prescription Take Back for any old prescription and over-the-counter medications you need to dispose of. Never flush these items down the toilet! These items have a detrimental effect on our waterways, aquatic life, and humans!
• Household goods, clothes, and shoes (in clean, decent condition, please).
• And, as I mentioned, documents for Shred It! Fair at the Midway Site Only at 9397 East Oglethorpe in Midway. Cars must be on-site by 12:45 at the latest. All of the paper from the Shred It! Event will be recycled.
The Tire Round-Up event will be held at the Liberty County Community Complex in Midway from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
• This event is for Liberty County Residents only. We will ask for proof of residency.
• Tires generated from commercial ventures will not be accepted.
• We will only accept tires off the rim for cars, SUVs, and light trucks.
• Semi-tires or large racing slicks will not be accepted.
• There will not be a fee for the tires turned in.
Come out and recycle on Saturday. We will be looking for you and your recyclables! For more information, please contact Keep Liberty Beautiful at (912) 880-4888 or email@example.com or www.keeplibertybeautiful. org.