Henry Ford converted a 1937 For pickup truck into a fire truck to be used in Way’s Station, now Richmond Hill.
The truck was purchased by the community of Midway after Henry’s death. It spent the earlier part of the last 64 years or so, initially serving as that community’s fire truck.
In more recent years she has sat silently rusting away.
The Midway City Council, under the direction of Mayor Clemontine F. Washington, has graciously agreed to return the old girl to her original birth place, Richmond Hill, and specifically to the Richmond Hill Historical Society.
The Richmond Hill Historical Society will, with the help of the community, undertake to restore her to her former grand self.
How about her grand entrance being the Christmas parade of 2018!