Bradwell Institute softball coaches Sharyl, Jeff and Misty Eastlake hosted players and families earlier this fall at the program’s annual team banquet at the Liberty County Performing Arts Center.
Tears were shed during a video honoring Tamia Johnson, Bradwell’s only senior, as well as season highlights and team antics that had been taped throughout the season.
The players and families enjoyed a meal of smothered pork chops, fried chicken, and delicious side dishes and desserts.
Varsity Coach Sharyl Eastlake thanked families and the Lady Tiger Diamond Club members for their support this season.
The junior varsity and varsity teams received participation certificates, recognition awards, varsity letters and bars.
Alexus Chavis, Whitney Evans, Danielle Hennessee, Josephine Satele, Angie Jackson and Labrea Wright earned their athletic letter. Tamia Johnson, Mya Gilliard, Kaylynn Jewell, Paige Streeper, Deanna Watford and Sara Hause earned a bar to add to their Bradwell letter.
• Silver Slugger: L’Kaylyn Swearengen with a .545 batting average
• Most Improved: Angie Jackson
• Coach’s Award: Kaela Gibbs
• Rookie of the Year: Maurlyse Shropshire
• Most Valuable Player: Neveah Lopez
• Golden Glove: Whitney Evans
• Most Improved: Sara Hause
• Silver Slugger: Tamia Johnson .342 batting average
• Coach’s Award: Alexus Chavis
• Academic Award: Tamia Johnson
• Lady Tiger Award: Tamia Johnson
• MVP: Josephine Satele
Johnson was named first-team All Region 2-AAAAAA. Sara Hause earned honorable mention.
The Lady Tigers finished 1-20 overall and 1-12 in 2-AAAAAA.