On Wednesday, the Georgia High School Athletic Association announced the 2012-14 region realignments. Schools have until Dec. 16 to appeal. Here is how local schools were affected:
• Subregion A: Colquitt Co., Lowndes, Tift Co., Valdosta.
• Subregion B: Brunswick, Camden Co., Coffee Co.
• Subregion A: Effingham Co., Groves, Jenkins, Richmond Hill.
• Subregion B: Bradwell Institute, Glynn Academy, Ware Co., Windsor Forest.
• Subregion A: Burke Co., Liberty Co., South Effingham, Statesboro, Wayne Co.
• Subregion B: Butler, Cross Creek, Glenn Hills, Hephzibah, Richmond Academy.
• Subregion A: Appling Co., Beach, Johnson, Islands, Woodville-Tompkins.
• Subregion B: Brantley Co., Pierce Co., New Chatham School, Savannah, Savannah Arts Academy, Tattnall Co.
• Subregion A: Bacon Co., Jeff Davis, Metter, Toombs Co., Vidalia
• Subregion B: Bryan Co., Benedictine, Long Co., McIntosh County Academy, St. Vincents.
• Subregion A: Calvary Day, Claxton, Jenkins County, Portal, Savannah Christian, Savannah Country Day.
• Subregion B: Emanuel Co. Institute, Johnson County, Montgomery Co., Treutlen, Wheeler Co.
For a complete list of schools, go to www.coastalcourier.com.