Liberty County High school’s track team competed against 25 other high schools at the Bob Hayes Invitational Track Meet on Saturday in Jacksonville.
According to LCHS coach Nathan Mims, the standout performance of the meet for Liberty was Alyisha Anderson’s fourth-place finish in the triple jump, clearing 37-feet, 6 inches. Mims said Anderson is ranked No. 1 in Georgia in that event.
The Panther boys’ 4x100-meter relay team of Michael Guy, Jarquel Richardson, Patrick Williams and Theodis Wilcox placed sixth with a time of 42.88, which makes the team No. 2 in state rankings.
Mims said two freshmen did well in the 800 run.
“Roger Bizzard and Tomario Jenkins both stepped up and ran against some of the best in the nation and held their own,” the coach said.
Top LCHS boys’ results
• Patrick Williams placed 16th out of 87 in the 200 dash.
• Desmon Hines placed 16th out of 80 in the 400 run.
• Jarquel Richardson placed 16th out of 84 in the 100 dash.
• Theodis Wilcox placed 25th out of 84 in the 100 dash.
• Enrique Tolbert placed 18th out of 43 in the discus throw.
• Anthony Stewart placed 22nd out of 43 in the discus throw and 14th out of 53 in the shot put.
• Miquail Evans placed 19th out of 57 in the long jump.
Top LCHS girls’ results
• Alyisha Anderson placed fourth out of 38 in the triple jump.
• Dejah Smith placed 13th out of 45 in the discus throw and 13th out of 41 in the shot put.
• Kourtney Gamble placed 25th out of 45 in the discus throw.
• Destiny Hall placed ninth out of 71 in the 100-meter dash and 19th out of 80 in the 200 dash.
• Jaelynn James placed 23rd out of 71 in the 100 dash and 31st out of 80 in the 200 dash.
• Morgan Mitchell placed 16th out of 31 in the high jump.
• Dominique Rogers placed 16th out of 31 in the high jump.