A story in Sunday’s Courier about YMCA gymnastics incorrectly stated Victoria Oldag is the former team coach who recently left. Oldag is still at the YMCA and is the gymnastics director. Michelle Alexander is the former coach. Also, Liviyah Peagler was incorrectly identified as Ahdana Frazier in a photo. We regret the errors
LCRD instructional programs
Registration for Liberty County Recreation Department fall instructional programs, which will be conducted in cooperation with Savannah Technical College, begins soon. Registration is open from 2-5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15 and Wednesday, Sept. 22, at the LCRD office on Highway 84 in Hinesville. Classes are for adults and youths. For more information, call 876-5359. The schedule of classes is as follows:
• Aerobics: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 5-28 at Joseph Martin Elementary School gym. The cost is $50.
• Yoga: 7:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 5-28 at Joseph Martin Elementary School gym. The cost is $50.
• Digital photography: 5-7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 5-14 at the Shuman Recreation Center. The cost is $59.
• Floral arrangement: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 5-14 at the Shuman Recreation Center. The cost is $59.
• Basic quilting: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 19-Nov. 11 at the Shuman Recreation Center. The cost is $99.
• Landscaping intro: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 12-Nov. 4 at the Stafford Pavilion. The cost is $99.
is Sept. 25
Sponsors, volunteers and participants are needed for the first Sunbury 5K run/walk, set for 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 25. Proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project and the American Diabetes Association. Registration costs $25 per person, and the race is open to all ages; however, those younger than 18 must have waivers signed by parents or guardians, according to the Active.com site.
The race starts at the Sunbury Crab Co. and the course will take participants through the neighborhoods of Sunbury. Prizes will be awarded in different age groups and all registered participants will receive T-shirts. Participants can register online at www.fleetfeetsavannah.com or www.active.com. Search for the race under the keyword "Sunbury." For more information, e-mail Patrick Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coastal Georgia Soccer
The Coastal Georgia Soccer Association is accepting team registrations. The fee for 4U-8U players is $70 to register plus a $36.50 uniform fee, which applies to new 6U and 8U players only. The registration fee for 10U and 14U players is $85, plus $36.50 for a youth uniform or $38.50 for adult sizes.
Association officials plan to start a 14U team in Midway for Fort Stewart and Midway area players. Practices will be in Midway and games will be on weekends in Savannah.
For more information or to register online, go to www.cgsasoccer.org.
All-Stars taking applications
Scott’s All-Stars are taking applications for the 2011 season. There are fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade boys teams. Practice is at 3 p.m. every second weekend (Saturday and Sunday) at the YMCA. The public is welcome. Coaches also are needed. For more information, call Marcus Scott IV at 655-4371 or Darrell West at 321-9945 or go to www.scottsallstars.com.
A community church bowling league needs new bowlers. The league meets at 6:45 p.m. each Thursday at Marne Lanes on Fort Stewart. Anyone who attends any church is eligible. The sign-up fee is $19-$21 and the charge is $8 each Thursday evening. Call Jeri Vick at 876-4351 or 222-0924.