Although summer officially starts June 21, the warm temperatures are here to stay, which means more time outdoors and less time spent worrying about hair and makeup, mainly because all that hard work so easily could be washed away. However, there are a few ways to keep your mane looking great without spending hours under a hair dryer.
According to Shemeka Newton, store manager at Sally Beauty Supply in Hinesville, the shop sells many hair products designed to tame tresses in humid climates:
1. A good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner: “Ion makes our best-selling moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. They help keep your hair healthy and shiny,” Newton said.
2. Proclaim Glossing Polish: For even shinier, healthier-looking hair, apply a gloss.
“It makes your hair super-glossy and pretty,” the manager said.
3. A volumizing shampoo: One of summer’s most popular looks is voluminous hair with beach-inspired waves. In order to infuse locks with volume, a good boosting shampoo is necessary.
“Our greatest volumizing shampoo is by So Gorgeous. It will make anyone’s hair look great,” Newton said.
4. Keratin treatment: Recently, keratin treatments have gained popularity in America with women who are going for sleek, straight hair. It’s important, however, to make sure that keratin treatments contain no formaldehyde, which can severely damage hair and scalp. However, according to Newton, Ion’s treatment doesn’t have the harmful ingredient and can be used on any hair type.
5. Swimmer’s shampoo and conditioner: If you spend a lot of time in the pool, use an anti-chlorine shampoo and conditioner, such as Ion’s Swimmer’s Shampoo and Conditioner, which will keep hair from drying out or turning green from chlorine.
“It’s very gentle and safe for dyed hair, and if you buy it here, you get a free tote with your purchase,” Newton said.