When the weather warms up, it’s nice to get out of the house for a while and enjoy a beautiful day. One of the best ways to do that is to get the family together and head to a park for a picnic. If you’re not sure what to pack, Kroger employee Valerie Cordry, who works in the deli and bakery area, has a few suggestions.
• Sandwiches: “Sometimes we’ll have the sandwiches pre-made for customers or some prefer to take cold cuts and bread to make their own sandwiches,” Cordry said.
• Chips: Obviously they go great with sandwiches and, according to the deli expert, most people pair the two.
• Watermelon: “Watermelon or some sort of cold fruit is always a good thing to have with you on a picnic,” she said.
• Toys for your kids: “If you have kids … you need something to entertain them.”
• Cake: “If you’re having a party, you’ll probably want to have a cake there or bring it just because a cake’s a good thing to have,” Cordry said.