What they’ll discuss
• The Hinesville City Council’s recently approved salary increase, which is slated to take effect in 2012.
• Making development permits for projects accessible in one location.
• Road and landscape maintenance and correcting drainage problems in the city.
• Offering long-time city of Hinesville employees medical insurance.
• Improving the city’s handicapped accessibility.
• Stepping up code enforcement.
Hinesville city officials will hunker down and deliberate issues ranging from the council’s recently approved salary increase to budgeting and growth for two and a half days next week. The mayor and council, as well as some department heads, will attend the city’s annual planning workshop from July 7-10 at Sea Palms Golf and Tennis Resort on St. Simons Island.
City officials intend to revisit a decision council made earlier this year to raise the mayor and council members’ salaries once a new administration is voted in. The salary increase will take effect in 2012. Per the city charter, the present council and mayor will not benefit from the salary increase.
Read more on this story in Sunday's Coastal Courier.