Long County High School held its annual senior banquet May 21.
This year, there was a packed cafeteria at the high school with family members on hand to see what awards their boy or girl would be receiving.
The night began with class president Hannah Golden welcoming all. Class vice president Aisha Johnson blessed the food, and then volunteers from the junior class served all of the guests their meals. During the meal time, a video presentation was shown highlighting different activities that had taken place during the school year.
The highlight of the evening was the announcement of the honor graduates, salutatorian and valedictorian.
The honor graduates for the class were Maggie Alexander, Alyssa Anderson, Keith Anderson, D’Andre Arnett-Watkins, Morgan Bennett, Jeremy Carter, Carmela Ciccone, Ashley Clark, Celest Collins, Taylor Cornell, Marleigh Heath, Aisha Johnson, Megan Linck, Pedro Marrero II, Kaylyn McEwin, Britney Milton, Te’kyla Parker, Leticia Sanchez, Mekeisha Scott, Armando Toledo and Courtney Willis. Taking the salutatorian award was Hannah Golden, and the valedictorian was Taylor Poole.
Some of the other award recipients included:
• A New Beginning Church Scholarship — Celest Collins, Hannah Golden, Aisha Johnson and Taylor Poole
• Long County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship — Christopher Carter Jr., Hannah Golden and Taylor Poole
• Long County Protective Services Scholarship — Alyssa Anderson, Britney Milton and Taylor Poole
• Kidz-Etc. Scholarship — Cheyanne Kuzlik and Britney Milton
• Shawnee McGowan Memorial Scholarship — Carmela Ciccone and Hannah Golden
• Altamaha Federal Credit Union Scholarship — Celest Collins
• Delta Scholarship — Taylor Poole
• FCCLA ABAC Scholarship — Cheyanne Kuzlik
• GSU Migrant Scholarship — Leticia Sanchez
• Guardians in Action Scholarship — Celest Collins
• Interstate Credit Union Scholarship — Britney Milton
• Ladies of the Dove Scholarship — Alyssa Anderson
• Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Scholarship — Celest Collins
• GB Bank Scholarship-Ludowici Bank Scholarship — Hannah Golden
• Mary Gordon Award — Celest Collins and Taylor Poole
• Committee for Social Change Award — Raven Tillman
• New Dimensions Christian Fellowship Award — Celest Collins
• Sons of the American Revolution Award — Clay Strickland
• USMC Scholastic Excellence Award — Pedro Marrero II