By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire breaks out at McClelland Elementary in Long Co.
long county fire
An electrical box sparked a fire early Monday morning at McClelland Elementary. Minimal damage occurred. - photo by Photo provided.

An electrical fire sent several area fire departments to McClelland Elementary School in Ludowici this morning.

According to Ludowici and Long Volunteer Fire and Rescue Chief Chris Moss, the fire began shortly after 6:40 a.m. Monday in an electrical junction box which served as a relay for the emergency lighting system in the hallway of the 3rd grade section.

The fire was quickly extinguished and there was minimal damage according to Moss. The building was cleared for students and faculty to enter.  

Sign up for our e-newsletters