By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Gas leak on post cleared up
Placeholder Image
A gas leak on Fort Stewart Monday evening was capped in about three hours and families were allowed back in their homes in Bryan Village.
The leak was reported around 3 p.m. and capped around 6.
The leak, near Brittin Elementary School, led to an evacuation of the housing area earlier today.
Residents were temporarily sheltered at Kessler Elementary School while emergency crews fixed the ruptured gas main. One hundred forty-five residents evacuated to Kessler.
Sign up for our e-newsletters