It is once again time to recognize our community’s high school seniors as they graduate and begin a new chapter in their lives. Please assist in making graduation a pleasant experience and reducing time during the security checks by remembering that the following are not allowed in the stadiums: noise makers, alcohol, weapons, coolers, food, drinks, balloons, pets, and distracting items, such as beach balls. All bags are subject to search. No smoking is allowed in the stadiums or on any property owned by the Liberty County Board of Education, including the parking areas. Those planning to attend either ceremony may wish to arrive early to allow time to park, line up for a security check, and find a seat.
Graduations at both LCHS and Bradwell Institute will be live streamed at www.liberty.kl2.ga.us/graduation2019. The live stream broadcast will be accessible 30 minutes prior to the start time of each ceremony. Video recordings of the ceremonies will be housed at www.liberty.kl2.ga.us/graduation2019 for a few weeks after the graduation ceremonies.
Liberty County High School's graduation will be held at Dorrell Woods Stadium at 8 p.m. on Friday, May 24. Guests will be allowed to sit on both sides of the stadium and may enter through the home or visitor gates located at the entrance of the stadium. The gate will open at 6 p.m. In the event of rain, graduation will be relocated to the LCHS gym. Each graduate will receive tickets to be used in case of inclement weather, and due to space limitations, only those possessing tickets will be allowed admission to the gym.
Due to concerns for public safety, all vehicles will be restricted from parking along Georgia State Highway 84. Parking will be limited to three sites and a free shuttle service will be included for the off campus sites.
The LCHS traffic management plan is as follows:
• Liberty County Sheriff's Office will restrict vehicles from parking along Highway 84, one mile east and west of Liberty County High School.
• Caution barrels will be placed along the sides of the road to assist in preventing traffic from parking along Highway 84.
• Graduation attendees will be directed to park at one of the following locations: Liberty County High School, Snelson Golden Middle School or Midway Middle School.
• A free shuttle will provide transportation to and from Snelson Golden and Midway Middle schools. Buses will depart from each location beginning at 5:30 p.m. with the final shuttle leaving at 7:30 p.m.
• Immediately following the ceremony, buses will be lined up to transport guests to their shuttle sites.
• There is limited parking on the LCHS campus, therefore it is recommended guests use the free shuttle that is provided. Parking on campus will be on a first come, first serve basis.
Bradwell Institute Commencement
Bradwell Institute's graduation will be held at Olvey Field at 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 25. Guests will be allowed to sit on both sides of the stadium and may enter through the home or visitor gates located on all four comers of the field. The gates will be open at 5:30 p.m. In the event of rain, graduation will be relocated to the Bradwell Institute gym. Each graduate will receive tickets to be used in case of inclement weather, and due to space limitations, only those possessing tickets will be allowed admission to the gym.