Savannah, GA, March 17, 2020 - The public health situation surrounding the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak is rapidly developing. Live Oak Public Libraries is taking further precautions to help limit the spread of the disease and to ensure the safety of customers and staff during this pandemic.
- All Live Oak Public Libraries will be closed March 18, 2020 until April 1, 2020.
During this time, the Library will provide the following support:
- Overdue fines are waived and all materials currently checked out are automatically renewed. Please keep your materials until the library reopens; it is not necessary to come to the library. Bookdrops are closed.
- All holds and interlibrary loan requests will be extended until we reopen.
- Digital resources are always available online for free. E-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, newspapers, movies, TV, and more are accessible from any device at liveoakpl.org/elibrary
- Online services are expanded to include more offerings on RBdigital and increased checkouts on hoopla.
- Resources for student success in all grade levels and higher education are available at liveoakpl.org/studentsuccess
- All Savannah-Chatham County Public School System students have free access to e-resources for early literacy, homework help, study tools, and more using their Student PASS.
- Essential administrative staff will be working remotely to ensure continuity of operations.
- You can still contact the library with questions via the Contact Us page on our website.
The library system remains a strong community partner. This decision was made after careful consideration for the health and safety of library customers and staff as well as the wider community.
We are thankful that there are no confirmed cases in our region at this time, but we recognize how much this crisis is impacting lives. Our thoughts go out to all those who are affected.
LOPL will continue coordinating with community leadership as we monitor ongoing public health conditions. We will re-evaluate closer to April 1 to determine if the closure needs to be extended. Please follow our website liveoakpl.org, Facebook @liveoakpl, and Twitter @liveoakpl for updates.