Four people have been displaced after a fire destroyed their single wide mobile home in Long County Thursday morning.
According to Long County Volunteer Fire and a rescue Department Capt. Nick Maxwell, the fire, which burned rapidly, has left a family of four displaced.
Maxell said when firefighters arrived shortly after 9:30 a.m. the home on the 200 block of Sharpe Road SE, they found the residence fully engulfed in flames.
A shortage of water due to the lack of fire hydrants in the area prompted Maxwell to have Liberty County Fire Services’ Station 15 to provide assistance with a water tanker. Maxwell said the family was not home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. The Long County Sheriff’s Office was on hand to provide assistance.