By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire claims Walthourville family's home
0306 Walthourville fire
A fireman sprays water through one of the windows of the mobile home that burned Thursday night. - photo by Photo by Lewis Levine

A fire Thursday in the 300 block of King Road in Walthourville left a family homeless.
Walthourville Fire and Rescue Department Capt. Phillip Chapin said the fire likely started in the kitchen when grease on the stove ignited and the flames spread to the attic.
It took nearly three hours to get the fire under control, Chapin said. Units from the Hinesville Fire Department also assisted.
The family’s identity has not been released.

Sign up for our e-newsletters