By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Hinesville PD blotter for April 21
Placeholder Image

March 10: Suspicious activity — A Robin Hood Drive woman told police a man claiming to be a sheriff’s office deputy called her and said she had missed jury duty and needed to pay $900 to avoid an arrest.
The caller reportedly told her to withdraw the money from her bank account and send it via Pay Pal. He asked her to stay on the phone until the transaction was complete. The woman informed him she would not send the money and hung up the phone.
An HPD officer called the man’s number and left a message on his voicemail, asking the man to return the call. The police officer contacted the clerk of courts’ office and was told another officer was in the process of investigating similar incidents. When the officer tried to call the alleged sheriff’s deputy back so the clerk’s staff could hear the man’s voice on the outgoing message, the number had been disconnected and was no longer in service.

April 4
• Damage to government property — Someone threw rocks at an OMI government vehicle, breaking the driver’s side vent window. Police found rocks on the ground around the vehicle and one rock inside the car, along with broken glass.
The government truck had been parked in the back of the property, near the railroad track. It appeared that rocks from the railroad tracks were used in the incident.

• Probation violation/tag light required — Police initiated a traffic stop when they noticed a Cadillac Eldorado with a busted tag light. One officer approached the male driver, and the second officer spoke to the male passenger.
The passenger identified himself and said he might have an outstanding warrant with HPD. The dispatcher confirmed the active warrant, and the passenger was arrested.

• Battery — Police responded to an anonymous call about a fight in progress at an address on E.G. Miles Parkway. When police arrived, they found a man with a bloody and bruised nose.
The man said he was pounded in the face but didn’t know who did it. He declined medical attention and said he just wanted to go home. A friend said he heard the man arguing with a woman but didn’t see a fight.

Sign up for our e-newsletters