An early Saturday morning fire has displaced a Hinesville family.
The home, in the 500 block of Second Street, sustained damage to half the structure, according to Hinesville Fire Department Investigator Ernest McDuffie.
Flames were seen shooting through the roof from the back of the home near a carport, which might have been where the fire started.
Two people inside were awakened by a smoke detector and a family member who lived next door. The family member noticed a bright light coming from the home around 3:30 a.m. The family member ran to the home to notify the occupants as they were exiting the residence.
The couple affected are James Wolford and Josie Cruz, and they have lived in the home for a year.
Donations may be dropped off to Leann O'Quinn, 544 Second St., Hinesville.