The Hinesville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (HAMPO) is studying SR 119/SR 196/E.G. Miles Parkway between 15th Street and General Screven Way. All community members are invited to join the study team at an open house Thursday, April 14, from 6–7:30 p.m. at the Hinesville Public Works Office, located at 613 E.G. Miles Parkway in Hinesville, to receive information and provide input to the study.
The public can drop in any time during the open house, and no pre-registration is required.
The study’s goals are to:
• Propose projects that improve operations, safety and quality of life
• Identify implementable solutions and funding sources
• Address access challenges
• Enhance safety for people on foot and on bicycles
• Recommend projects that represent the interests of stakeholders and the public The study area experiences higher than average crash rates, especially rear-end crashes. The corridor is a bus route and serves Liberty Regional Medical Center, the Public Works Office, and both commercial and residential developments.
The study is scheduled to be completed this summer, with both near- and long-term recommendations.
To find out more or to be added to the contact list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeff Ricketson, Executive Director, AICP.