Liberty and Long counties’ high-school football teams each changed the dates and venues of one of their football games this season so the match-ups could be televised by a local media station.
The Panthers’ games against Johnson on Sept. 13 was moved from Savannah to Donell Woods Stadium and now will be played Thursday, Sept. 12, when it will be WSAV’s Thursday Night Blitz Game of the Week.
According to a news release issued by WSAV, the station finalized its schedule for the games they plan to televise starting Aug. 22, when Savannah Christian plays Jenkins High School at Memorial Stadium in Savannah. The 11-game schedule will continue on selected Thursdays throughout the high-school football season on WSAV’s digital channel, MyLC, with coverage beginning at
7 p.m. For Comcast customers, MyLC is channel 237. An encore broadcast of each game will air on WSAV-TV on Sunday mornings.
According to WSAV’s schedule, Long County High School also changed its schedule to accommodate the station’s broadcast and will host Metter for senior night Thursday, Nov. 7.
WSAV Thursday Night Blitz Games of the Week
• Aug. 22: Savannah Christian at Jenkins (Memorial Stadium), encore at 11 a.m. Aug. 25
• Aug. 29: Calvary at Bryan County, encore at 11 a.m. Sept. 1
• Sept. 5: Bethesda at Bulloch Academy, encore at 11 a.m. Sept. 8
• Sept. 12: Johnson at Liberty County, encore at 10 a.m. Sept. 15
• Sept. 19: Wade Hampton at Hilton Head, encore at 10 a.m. Sept. 22
• Sept. 26: Ridgeland-Hardeeville at Battery Creek, encore at 11 a.m. Sept. 29
• Oct. 3: Thomas Heyward at St. Andrew’s, encore at 10 a.m. Oct. 6
• Oct. 10: Glynn Academy at Groves, encore at 10 a.m. Oct. 13
• Oct. 17: McIntosh County Academy at Jeff Davis, encore at 11 a.m. Oct. 20
• Oct. 31: Hilton Head Prep at Hilton Head Christian Academy, encore at 11 a.m. Nov. 3
• Nov. 7: Metter at Long County, encore at 11 a.m. Nov. 10