The weather is finally warming up and that means one thing — spring is approaching. As a matter of fact, the first official day of spring in the United States is March 21. U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Terrance Porter, who is stationed at Fort Stewart, recently shared his five favorite things about spring.
• “My birthday happens to be on Cinco de Mayo, so that’s always a good thing,” said Porter, 28. “It means I have been blessed to see another year and that I, hopefully, will be looking forward to seeing another.”
• “Of course, the warm weather. I can get out of the house and do more things.”
• “I can ride my bike everyday as long as it’s not raining,” Porter said. “Riding my bike with the spring sun beaming down on me is relaxing, especially when everyone rides down to Savannah or Tybee in a group. It’s such an adrenalin rush and it just puts you in the zone.
• “Spring means theme parks will be opening up again,” said the soldier, who is from Jackson, Miss. “I am such a big kid at heart and theme parks take you back to your ‘yesteryear.’”
• “But most of all, it means no more freezing for PT in the cold weather. Hoooah!”