Scholarship applications are available for the annual Henry ‘Hank’ White Memorial Scholarship and must be postmarked no later than Monday. Grants available include:
• First Calvary Missionary Baptist Church senior, two $1,000 scholarships, applications at the church.
• Bradwell Institute senior, one $1,000 scholarship, applications in the guidance office.
• Liberty County High School senior, one $1,000 scholarship, applications in the guidance office.
• Active-duty military, undergraduate, one $1,000 scholarship, applications at the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce/Welcome Center at 425 W. Oglethorpe Highway and at the Fort Stewart Army Education Center at 100 Knowledge Drive building 100.
• Community, undergraduate Liberty County resident, one $1,000 scholarship, applications at the Chamber office.
For more information, call Derrick Taylor or Janice Taylor at 876-4513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Registration is under way for the St. James summer day camp, which starts June 1 and will be open from 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. The camp is closed on holidays. The fee is $50 per week. The camp is open to children ages 5-14. Activities will include swimming, bowling, basketball, soccer, kickball and weekly field trips. For information, call 980-4559 or 884-3016.
Spring Fling softball
Georgia Coastal Youth Inc., will be hosting its first spring fling softball tournament May 14-15 at James Brown Park. The entry fee is $200 per team and the tournament is open to men and co-ed teams. Deadline for team registrations is May 6 and tournament play begins 9 a.m. May 14. Each game will last one hour or seven innings, whichever comes first. Registration fees will support the GCY Scholarship Fund and the Ms. Jackie Gillard Henderson Award for college bound students. For more information call Chris Stacy at 912-695-0481.
Send sports briefs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long Chamber golf tourney
The Long County Chamber of Commerce’s annual golf tournament will be April 30 at the Cherokee Rose Golf Course in Hinesville. Trophies will be given to the first-, second- and third-place teams, as well as the team that finishes last. The entry fee is $40 per person. For more information, call Kerry Hunt at 912-545-2101 or 912-294-2746.